Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Totally Rad Show

Old 07-14-2010, 03:47 AM
miyazakihayao

Okay guys, I know we had this discussion already, but hearing Dragon Age discussion is so annoying when you're coming from a console perspective. Dan's "wishlist" for Dragon Age was EXACTLY how the PC version was. Pause and issue commands. Exactly.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:26 AM
gm_wil
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to gm_wil Send a message via MSN to gm_wil

I chuckled at Jeff's reaction to Dan's praise of Predators because we've all felt that frustration before. Maybe we get frustrated when someone close disagrees about something like that because it makes you wonder if maybe you're mistaken since you respect the other person's opinion so much . . . but at the same time you know how you feel and that confusion might lead to frustration/disbelief - maybe that's just me and my brother . . . (other TRS'ers are posting their thoughts in the Predators thread)

Great show and good "Dan the Man" segment (That's how I say it anyway - teehee . . . did I just say teehee, that's a sure sign I need to sleep.)

-
Old 07-14-2010, 07:23 AM
damnedeyez
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyazakihayao View Post
Okay guys, I know we had this discussion already, but hearing Dragon Age discussion is so annoying when you're coming from a console perspective. Dan's "wishlist" for Dragon Age was EXACTLY how the PC version was. Pause and issue commands. Exactly.
yep...I played the 360 version first, and only kept playing because I was enjoying the story...the controls were crap and I kept cursing the game out the whole time.

the I played it on the PC and it was like an entirely new game...never cursed it out and it looked so much better. The way I was describing the difference was like when Bioware's first Neverwinter Nights came out and people were recreating older games with the toolset...the 360 felt like the older game with less freedoms and 2d graphics, while the PC version felt like the new engine and having more room to do things the way you want to.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:17 PM
harvest

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm_wil View Post
I chuckled at Jeff's reaction to Dan's praise of Predators because we've all felt that frustration before. Maybe we get frustrated when someone close disagrees about something like that because it makes you wonder if maybe you're mistaken since you respect the other person's opinion so much . . . but at the same time you know how you feel and that confusion might lead to frustration/disbelief - maybe that's just me and my brother . . . (other TRS'ers are posting their thoughts in the Predators thread)

Great show and good "Dan the Man" segment (That's how I say it anyway - teehee . . . did I just say teehee, that's a sure sign I need to sleep.)

-
I totally agree. I thought Jeff's reaction was hysterical. We've all been there.

By the way, at the end of the show Jeff mentioned that Mike posts "choice" set photos on the blog. Where are they?? I'm putting together an epic background, and some better reference images would be a big help.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:32 PM
quence

Greeeeeeaaaat episode! The juggling segment was a definite highlight (props to Dan, because I would never be able to pick it up that quickly), and movies and video games were fun as usual.

My two favorite moments: Alex's impression of Jay Baruchel, and Jeff's pointing at the camera after making a reference to balls. Both made me laugh out loud.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:21 PM
spidoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm_wil View Post

-
I'm just learning to accept that the three guys fulfill different rolls. Alex is the every man, relaxed about watching movies, Dan is the technical guy who tries to explain his feelings as best as possible, and Jeff, for the lack of a better word (I don't mean in entirely negatively) is the pretentious one who doesn't try to explain himself while accepting others (generally Dan) may have different feelings, but takes the more typical critic route and explains why you better agree with him.

EDIT: Although, to be fair, I haven't been agreeing with Jeff on a lot of movie reviews lately.

Last edited by spidoman : 07-14-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:08 PM
trsjeff
Show Host

Ouch.

Definitely don't see that as my role. Just trying to lay out my opinion as honestly as possible.

-Jeff
Old 07-15-2010, 12:39 AM
diane
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidoman View Post
I'm just learning to accept that the three guys fulfill different rolls.
Funny, I can see were you get that, but I totally see their roles differently. Alex tells me what beers to serve at my UFC and gaming parties, Dan gets me weird looks at work because of giggling from links he tweets and Jeff teaches me how to spell.

You should hear how my son sees their roles. (Hint: they are all in terms of family members).
Old 07-15-2010, 01:36 AM
masherscf
Big Daddy Mod

Cheers to Jeff for trying to get those guys to Finish "Dragon Age." I've played through for at least 400 hours on the XBOX version since last November and discovered nearly every possible outcome and every secret. The funny thing is that once you know how to properly level, equip and tactic up your party, you hardly need to micromanage them at all. Also, the party's skills are not fully realized until you get to level twenty or so.

The sad truth is that I'm sorted addicted to the end-game. Even after playing through both Mass Effect 2 (multiple times) and Red Dead Redemption, I'm back playing Dragon Age.

Tali: I have a shotgun, you know.

- Dialogue from Mass Effect 2

Old 07-15-2010, 03:29 AM
spidoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by trsjeff View Post
Ouch.

Definitely don't see that as my role. Just trying to lay out my opinion as honestly as possible.

-Jeff
Honestly, I don't mean it as an insult. I know you guys are all friends. And as such you guys get along and talk as friends. I love my friendships with my friends, but I realize that often times we're bossy, rude or disrespectful to each others opinions. It doesn't mean we're bad in anyway. It's just how friendships and conversation work. However, I think we can all agree that if most of our discussions with our friends we're recorded we wouldn't be perfectly polite all the time. Heck, I think we can all agree that we get along great with certain people, but when one topic comes up, clashing is inevitable.

That's how I feel about your movie reviews. But I absolutely love everything else you do, TV, video games, I hold your opinion and discussion about comic books in higher regard than any other person on the internet, or in real life.

I apologize for being disrespectful and rude, obviously you're all great, you're still my first stop on Tuesday's and I haven't missed an episode since you've started, don't plan to anytime soon.

Keep up the great show, don't be afraid to share your opinions, and I'll disagree in a more respectful manner next time.

Last edited by spidoman : 07-15-2010 at 03:29 AM.