Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > Food Mob

Old 07-15-2010, 11:36 PM
jackierulesall
Miss Webmaster

Default Episode 13: Lamb Kebab [Discussion]

Enough of the vegetables, this week we are making you a gorgeous Lamb Kebab! None of the greasy, unhealthy stuff you get on a night out, this kebab is lovely and healthy and incredibly easy to prepare! Also we show you how to save money by preparing a chicken in your own home!

Watch or download now!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:01 AM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Lamb can be hard to come by in the US, and tends to be super expensive.
So, an alternative is to use ground/minced lamb, and add the herbs/spices Niall recommended as a marinade, mix together, and form into sausage/link shaped logs. Grill them like a burger. A little pink is OK with lamb.

Technically this would probably be called a kofta, and is usually formed around a skewer and grilled, but works perfectly with the rest of what Niall prepared.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:57 AM
coldv

This is an awesome episode! Even better than the duck episode! Everyone in the show seems to be more relaxed about speaking their minds and make small talk (still food related) so it feels more homely and natural than ever. Aaron is such a smart arse! Love it! Keep it up!

This is a bit advanced for a tip segment. Hope our beginner cooks don't find it too difficult. I have a tip: In case some people haven't noticed, when removing the breast, Niall used only the weight of his knife and ran it along the bone several times instead of sawing at it (which I imagine may potentially be a beginners mistake)
Old 07-16-2010, 04:31 AM
guytheninja
Elite Member

IDK what it is like in the UK, but Costco has a Rotisserie Chicken for $5. You can feed at least four people with it. My parents can't buy that roasted chicken often enough.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Costco...n/166379400260
Old 07-16-2010, 10:35 AM
antimatterchopstick

Favourite show so far. Enjoyed the banter. You guys should shoot hungover and tired all the time!

The equivalent of Kebabs in the U.S. is Gyros, where it's a Greek thing. In Ireland and the U.K. it's seen as a Turkish thing. The Turkish-style version is usually spicey.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:50 AM
solodini

Exclamation Humous

I'd say that cumin and turmeric are entirely necessary for humous. They're the core flavour of humous; the garlic is pretty central but the lemon juice is more additional.

Also, the yoghurt and cucumber sauce would be called tzatziki, moreso if it had mint leaves in there, as well.

Last edited by solodini : 07-16-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:33 AM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by solodini View Post
I'd say that cumin and turmeric are entirely necessary for humous. They're the core flavour of humous; the garlic is pretty central but the lemon juice is more additional.

Also, the yoghurt and cucumber sauce would be called tzatziki, moreso if it had mint leaves in there, as well.
Tumeric? In hummus? Since when is hummus orange? Maybe a little olive oil and sumac, but not tumeric, if it was being used as a dip.

Last edited by tokenuser : 07-16-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:37 PM
hellslinger12

Send a message via AIM to hellslinger12

Anything with Lamb is a godly meal.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:07 PM
ronaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticfox View Post
Wheres Rob, he cant still be on holiday?

I don't mind. He always looked like he was half-asleep. Lauren has a pretty smile and brings more energy to the show.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:18 PM
masherscf
Big Daddy Mod

What I think is entirely necessary for Hummus is tahini.

BTW, I'll tell you the secret of growing basil. Basil is an annual herb, not a perennial. The plant will keep growing until it's flowers bloom. If a basil plant is allowed to blossom are develop seeds, it will stop producing leaves and the flavor of the existing leaves will diminish. The picture that Niall showed of the plant that guy was bragging on has fully developed blossoms...which is exactly what to avoid. You should pinch off the top of your basil plants when they reach 6" in height to prevent them from flowering.

Tali: I have a shotgun, you know.

- Dialogue from Mass Effect 2

Last edited by masherscf : 07-16-2010 at 08:24 PM.