Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > Penn Point

Old 07-26-2010, 08:01 PM
drubonic

Default Topic Idea

Good Afternoon,

Given the fact that Penn is my figurehead for free-market/free-god dynamics (as well as general humor), I was hoping that he could help shed some light on topics. I have been looking on the CATO website and I donít see much, and I know Penn is a well read, multi faceted topic guruÖ so I figured that I would take the time to introduce myself, ďHI!,Ē and ask for a proposed topic pick.

The topicÖ sorry for the long winded above, was on BASEL and bank regulations. Supporting free markets is one thing, but what are the thoughts and opinions on BASEL based requirements for the world of bankers. Iím sure there are plenty of caveats to BASEL. Iím just quite baffled on how to thinkÖÖ (I say Iím free thinking yet Iím asking how to think.. Oh God!)

Iíd appreciate some insight on it, but either way Iíll make sure to keep my iPod feed current to enjoy more commentary.

Thanks for your time and have a great week,

Drew
Old 07-28-2010, 08:11 PM
wobbles

I'd like to propose a topic too!

I want to hear Penn's thoughts on IP. Based on his past shows (here and at crackle), I suspect he's pretty pro-IP, but I'm curious if he's ever read any arguments against IP from a libertarian perspective, from someone like Stephen Kinsella.

A good primer for Kinsella's arguments against IP, along with links to other resources is here: http://mises.org/daily/3682
His longer argument is in book form, here: http://mises.org/journals/jls/15_2/15_2_1.pdf

Any chance someone at rev3 can pass this on to Penn?