Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > HD Nation

Old 08-24-2010, 04:26 PM
jackierulesall
Miss Webmaster

Default Episode 59: Star Wars on Blu-ray! Ohm Ratings: Don't Blow Up Your Amp! Best PC Monitor for 1080p? HDTV Calibration: Sharpness [Discussion]

Should I adjust the RGB settings on my HDTV? What does the ohm rating mean? Our top 5 video game movies on Blu-ray, and the new Blu-ray releases for August 24th, 2010!

Watch or download now!
Old 08-24-2010, 04:50 PM
dh4645

my lost blu-ray collection should come today!

gotta love amazon prime release day shipping.

Last edited by dh4645 : 08-24-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:05 PM
davmoo
Elite Member

Its obvious to anyone with a brain larger than a pea that Lucas has no intention of releasing the original versions, and episode 1 and Jar Jar Binks really does exist. Get over it and move on. If you don't like that, then don't buy the Blu-ray set when it comes out. The constant bitching and moaning is getting tiresome. If you don't like the way Lucas does things, make your own damned movie and do it your way. Lucas doesn't owe you, or your childhood memories, jack effing shit, and how much or how little converting the original film costs is totally irrelevant to that

[/me gets off soapbox]

While I'm here, and at least when I play it, the audio on the HD version lags the video slightly, especially in the second half of the show. Not enough to make it unwatchable, but it is there.

Last edited by davmoo : 08-24-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:38 PM
quagga

I think you could salvage the original 3 movies from their "refurbed" versions with a few changes. Cut out the computerized puppets. They're over the top; go back to the puppets for most of it. Get rid of Haden whatever his face is. And of course, HAN SHOT FIRST!

If you did that, my complaints would probably be solved. I'm ok with the computerized space scenes but the CGI muppets need to die.

This episode still has some encoding problems. It sort of posterized twice and then the audio and video aren't in sync. I've noticed problems across Revision3's catalog - is the encoding box having a total nervous breakdown?
Old 08-25-2010, 06:54 PM
nunman62

Quote:
Originally Posted by davmoo View Post
While I'm here, and at least when I play it, the audio on the HD version lags the video slightly, especially in the second half of the show. Not enough to make it unwatchable, but it is there.
I noticed this issue as well, not only in HD Nation but some other shows as well. I hope this is not going to be a common issue in the near future for revision3 shows.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:23 AM
gark

Default Audio and Video out of sync for second episode

There is a glitch around the 7:35 mark, at which point the audio is a second or so behind the video. This is the second episode where this has happened. I'm downloading the MP4 30FPS version. I've observed the same thing streaming to my XBOX 360 via Win7 Media Center, and viewing directly on my PC.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:19 AM
mathwhiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gark View Post
There is a glitch around the 7:35 mark, at which point the audio is a second or so behind the video. This is the second episode where this has happened. I'm downloading the MP4 30FPS version. I've observed the same thing streaming to my XBOX 360 via Win7 Media Center, and viewing directly on my PC.
I've noticed this too on HDNation on other Revision3 shows. Getting quite annoying. Hopefully they are aware of it and looking at fixing it. I've noticed them when watching the MP4 30fps on my TiVos and also verified the issue on my computer to make sure it wasn't a TiVo issue.

Rich
Old 08-31-2010, 01:53 PM
cupajo

A few years ago, they released a DVD box set of the original trilogy in the hussied-up, "Special Edition" form (Greedo shot first, CGI Jabba, Hayden in final scene, all that bullshit). As a bonus, they also included three discs with the original, un-tampered-with trilogy, complete with its film-grain and cheesy dissolves. I bought thsi box set and promptly through the special edition discs in the trash.
I've got what I want. Eff Blu-Ray.