Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Totally Rad Show

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 06:08 AM
trsjeff
Show Host

Default TRS is going DAILY!!!

Hey gang,

As announced live at our panel at PAX and in episode 181, we are moving to a daily format for TRS starting the week of Sept 20th!

What does that mean to you? Well, it means more shows, more segments, more different kinds of content coming from us, way, way more often. It means easily downloadable, shorter videos that you can forward to a friend. It means you can find the reviews and discussions you want much quicker, and get something new and different every single weekday.

We are excited to be able to make the show easier to watch in one sitting, while simultaneously being able to really try some new things. Over the next few months we will be rolling out new types of segments, content we've never tried before, as well as returning to topics (like TV and comics) that we haven't had time to include as often as we'd like.

We know the internet hates change, but we hope you stick with us and give this new format a chance. If you love watching the show once a week, there is nothing wrong with queuing up a whole week's worth of content for a marathon night! We look forward to hearing what you think, and continuing to build TRS into 2011 and beyond.

Thanks for watching!

-Jeff
Old 09-07-2010, 06:11 AM
sirurza

Yeah was reading it in the Announcement speculation/Pax reveal thread. My big concern is how long the daily episodes. Nothing against other shows, but I can't stand them. The 5-10 minutes of content other shows put out as "daily" shows are not only boring, but have felt like a waste of download time compared to full length shows. Please say that TRS is going to say on the 30+ minutes side of things.

Last edited by sirurza : 09-07-2010 at 06:12 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:17 AM
isamurai

Send a message via ICQ to isamurai Send a message via AIM to isamurai Send a message via MSN to isamurai Send a message via Yahoo to isamurai

Ugh.......
Old 09-07-2010, 06:18 AM
releasethekraken

Jeffrey, I'm scared.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:18 AM
dolson
Elite Member

Send a message via MSN to dolson Send a message via Skype™ to dolson

Just heard the announcement while watching the actual episode.

I am excited that it'll be a daily dose, but I hope it's longer pieces, more in depth, or perhaps you could have a spoiler segment at the end, like, "stop now if you don't want to hear spoilers." Saves from having to guess when to stop fast-forwarding, etc. You DID say you're gonna try new things...

The only thing that really worries me is that the last time a show I loved made a drastic change (from pre-recorded to live format), the show quality sufferend tremendously and now that show is completely gone and I don't even care to follow any of the hosts anymore. I hope it works out. I just hope, hope, hope that you'll change back if things go downhill.

Edit: if you're taking suggestions, please don't make the intro, outro, and sponsors last close to or longer than the actual meat of the episodes....... I will really hate that. Maybe put one full-length intro on the Monday episode, and have each daily episode have a single sponsor and a short, 3-5 second intro jingle? And then bloopers on the Friday episode? That'd do it nicely... I think this format could work. I hope the 6 months of planning shows, because I came up with this idea in like 2 minutes,

Last edited by dolson : 09-07-2010 at 06:22 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:20 AM
cooljammer00

My only unruly demand as a fan is that you spare no expense or time limit talking about stuff now. There are times where you mention "not wanting to take time away" from the rest of the show, so now you don't have to.

Will this make the episodes more/less timely? I assume they'll still all be shot on Fridays, except now they'll be piecemealed out over the week?

Also, how will intros work?
Old 09-07-2010, 06:22 AM
psychomike

Default RIP Totally Rad Show...

RIP Totally Rad Show...
Old 09-07-2010, 06:22 AM
sirurza

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljammer00 View Post
Also, how will intros work?
I don't remember them mentioning submitting intros or backgrounds at the end of the show. So stuff like that might be a thing of the past.

Last edited by sirurza : 09-07-2010 at 06:23 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:23 AM
notdrew

Send a message via AIM to notdrew

just as long there's more Tagline Takedown and a segment on Board games, i'm in.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:23 AM
ludothegreat

This is what killed The Digg Reel for me. Honestly, unless you do not shorten the episodes any and bring some exceptional good content to the dailies, I do not see myself and my finance continuing to watch. It's a shame... one less revision3 show I download every week
Closed Thread