Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Totally Rad Show

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 06:24 AM
eighdrose

i cant remember the last time i logged in to comment, but i felt strongly about this.

DO NOT GO TO DAILY SHOWS.

i am so sick of how these daily shows end up being 2 mins of intro/exit, 5 mins of content and 2 mins of ads.

if you pile it back up and compare 30 mins of non daily, vs daily shows, the daily shows have MUCH more ads. this makes me think revision3 is just being greedy.

why is rev3 becoming so greedy and shitty. stop trying to compete with 3 minute cat video's on youtube. yes i enjoy rev3 content and cat video's BUT I WATCH THEM FOR ENTIRELY DIFFERENT REASONS.

guys, dont fucking do it.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:26 AM
da-chief

Lightbulb I hope this isn't just for more ads..

If this is just to get more ads to help Revision3, it's a bad idea..

If it is for artistic content like you said in your show, and it runs more then a 10 min show of which 3 is ads.. then I'm for it..

Don't know what I will do on my Tuesdays now though as I always set aside about an hour to watch the show.. maybe bank em till Tuesdays..

;-)

I will give the benefit of the doubt though as it's the only show other then TWIT that I watch regularly..

Good luck Guys!

Da-Chief
Carry on people..
Old 09-07-2010, 06:26 AM
eighdrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychomike View Post
RIP Totally Rad Show...
i don't know why they are trying to youtube-ize the entire network. they are trying to chop everything into little bits in hopes that something goes viral. its fucking ruining it.

what's the over/under? i go for 3 years before everything has moved to shorthand content and the numbers just keep dropping and dropping (until death).
Old 09-07-2010, 06:27 AM
sirurza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludothegreat View Post
This is what killed The Digg Reel for me. Honestly, unless you do not shorten the episodes any and bring some exceptional good content to the dailies, I do not see myself and my finance continuing to watch. It's a shame... one less revision3 show I download every week
Yeah I know. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't turn into something I stop watching, but between this change and Kevin's inevitable leaving Diggnation.. I think my time with Rev3 is nearing it's end.

I guess I'll just hope Alex falls completely in love with Star Wars The Old Republic and does either an audio/video podcast on it like he did with Star Wars Galaxies and World of Warcraft.

Last edited by sirurza : 09-07-2010 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:27 AM
nshady
Elite Member

I will keep watching, obviously. The main question I have is 'what instigated the change?'

Was it a decision you came to yourselves, or did Revision3 ask you to do it? Is it a time management decision: are you now living closer together or have more free time to fit it in? Were you dissatisfied with the content you were providing? Did you receive feedback that the hour longs weren't maintaining viewers?

And secondarily, what does this mean for viewer involvement in the show: the intro lyrics/backgrounds/emails. I watched the sponsor messages in the full show because I enjoyed the mistakes and weekly changes. Do I have to watch them all each day?

Digg Twitter Last.fm
Old 09-07-2010, 06:28 AM
shimei

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychomike View Post
RIP Totally Rad Show...
Please don't start this.

Seriously, I'm behind this 100%. Not so much that I feel this is necessary, but more in the sense that I am excited to see what will happen. This sounds fun and it sounds exciting but I'm pretty sure it will take some getting used to as well. I'm looking forward to how this plays out and I really wish you guys the best of luck in the format change. Hope you guys can iron out any wrinkles along the way and continue to bring the comforting warm feeling your weekly show did just as a pizookie is known to do.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:29 AM
shadowman90

Default Iffy...

I think as long as the meat of the episode is longer than 15 mins, I'll be happy with it. You say you want to give us more content, so for it to be worth it, the sum of the episodes would have to be probably 50% greater than just the one per week episode.

Also, like was said before, please don't make the ads take up so much of the episode. Maybe just a mention or a quick billboard.

TRS doesn't have to be a crappy daily show like some of the other daily shows. Please also listen to us and if we don't like it, change back. I would hate to have to stop watching TRS!

Edit: Also, I am really a big fan. I'll trust what you guys are doing and I hope I'll prefer it to the weeklys. I was even thinking last week or so that I wish TRS was out more than just once a week

Last edited by shadowman90 : 09-07-2010 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Forgot something.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:30 AM
sundevil56

Sorry to say, but I'm not looking forward to the change. You can say that people don't like change, but the case is I don't like "bite-size" shows. It's hard to get any continuity out of shows when they're in 10 minute parts. On Rev3 I currently watch TRS, Diggnation, Tekzilla (Friday show), The Game Show, and Bytejacker, and I started watch the Rotten Tomatoes Show as well. 5 of 6 shows are 1/2 hour or more. And yes, Bytejacker is a 10 minute show, but it's always been that way and the format works for that show, 1 indie review, winner of last weeks Free Indie of the Week, feedback, and vote for new free indie... end of show. When I want to watch a show I want to watch A SHOW, not load up movie review, end, load up tv review, end, load up game review, end, etc. When I was looking for something to watch to replace Co-Op I looked at AnimeTV, iFanboy, and HD Nation... all weekly, solid half-hour shows... honestly didn't even consider daily or other "bite-size" shows. So sorry to be pessimistic, but I'm not looking forward to it and I hope you reconsider after a while. Sorry for the crappy feedback, but it's the truth.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:30 AM
babnert

im trusting you guys
Old 09-07-2010, 06:32 AM
scoobydiesel
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to scoobydiesel Send a message via MSN to scoobydiesel Send a message via Yahoo to scoobydiesel Send a message via Skype™ to scoobydiesel

I love you guys, I love this forum and the people on it. So i dont plan to stop watching TRS.

But I also have to be honest, as it stands right now I do not like this change.

I will wait it out and see how things go, Im looking forward to getting more news on how things are going to work out, As others have stated the length of the Daily's are going to make or break this deal.

If anything I really hope that someone edits the week's clips into one full show for download(because i doubt Rev3 will) I just dont really see a true up side to this change(that includes the intro and outro deals)

But I'll wait to see what really happens before i bitch too much...