Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > The Game Show

Old 09-21-2010, 12:08 PM
macchrissli

Default Next Episode? When?!

When will you publish a new episode? Is the show dead?
Old 09-21-2010, 04:41 PM
curtis_ag

Quote:
Originally Posted by macchrissli View Post
When will you publish a new episode? Is the show dead?
It appears so. Brian said that the show will resume after summer break, but now since Fall begins this week, I don't think that is going to happen. It looks as if the current financial situation he is facing may have prevented him from resuming theStream.tv's studio operations as scheduled. There has been no announcements made by him so far this month either on Twitter or on its website.

Now I told Nikole through AIM that if theStream is in fact dead, the show could be moved to another network, but she said that the show is owned by Brian.

It's been a rough ride for theStream so far this year, especially when they lost their only network-wide sponsor back in the spring. This led to concerns that Brian might permanently pull the plug on the network. :-(
Old 09-21-2010, 05:52 PM
festante

Hey gang!

Just a heads up, please ignore anyone other than Brian when it comes to talk about what's going on with theStream or TGS. Hooray!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:33 PM
curtis_ag

Quote:
Originally Posted by festante View Post
Hey gang!

Just a heads up, please ignore anyone other than Brian when it comes to talk about what's going on with theStream or TGS. Hooray!
Yeah! But it's going to be forever until we get to hear a word from Brian :-D We might have to wait until next year for any new shows then.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:54 PM
dingoenderzoe2

Curtis why do you constantly have to assume the worst just because it's been a while since an episode came out? You're even spewing that assumption on thestream forums too.

Instead of assuming why not just LISTEN to the master A.K.A. Brian's words when he says EVERYTHING IS FINE, or are you just a negative person as well as a Jess V FANBOY?
Old 09-21-2010, 10:08 PM
curtis_ag

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingoenderzoe2 View Post
Curtis why do you constantly have to assume the worst just because it's been a while since an episode came out? You're even spewing that assumption on thestream forums too.

Instead of assuming why not just LISTEN to the master A.K.A. Brian's words when he says EVERYTHING IS FINE, or are you just a negative person as well as a Jess V FANBOY?
Yeah, but Brian MISINFORMED US. He said that any new episodes of The Game Show will return sometime in the fall, and he also stated that theStream's operations would resume sometime this month(particularly in the week of Sept. 20). But we're approaching towards the end of September and still NOTHING from Brian or anyone at theStream whatsoever :-( It is not just me complaining about the long, unexpected hiatus, there are other fans who are anxiously nervous about the fate of the network.

Another thing to point out here is that this month alone there are two major releases like Metroid: The Other M and Halo Reach as well as the release of PlayStation Move. So if any of the new episodes were to occur next month or later, then they will be VERY far behind because in the next few months, more big names like Medal of Honor and Call of Duty: Black Ops will be going gold. So I hope Brian makes up his mind regarding the status of theStream as soon as possible because it's been more than two months since the last episode aired, plus some of their shows are either leaving or are looking for new homes.

Sorry for my sarcasm but it has been a rough year for theStream financially.

Last edited by curtis_ag : 09-21-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:37 AM
aldowyn

It has been, but we have no good reason to believe that TGS at least is not coming back. He said the week of the 20th, that's this week. I would assume that he would have said something by now if we were having an episode this week, but I would also assume that he would say something if it was going to be a long time until the next episode. By these assumptions, and that they're probably still playing Reach (or Civ V!) my guess is we have a Reach episode next Friday, probably at least mentioning SC2 and Other M.

Check out my Blog, Twitter, and my Blog's Twitter! http://aldowyn.blogspot.com, http://twitter.com/Aldowyn and http://twitter.com/AldowynsMusings
Old 09-23-2010, 06:18 AM
curtis_ag

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldowyn View Post
It has been, but we have no good reason to believe that TGS at least is not coming back. He said the week of the 20th, that's this week. I would assume that he would have said something by now if we were having an episode this week, but I would also assume that he would say something if it was going to be a long time until the next episode. By these assumptions, and that they're probably still playing Reach (or Civ V!) my guess is we have a Reach episode next Friday, probably at least mentioning SC2 and Other M.
I agree. It might be next year before TGS comes back. Otherwise....

WE WANT TGS BACK!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 04:25 AM
curtis_ag

Some bad news...

According to @theStreamDotTV twitter feed...

"Sadly, theStream.tv is still in hibernation mode (including TGS).
Working a side gig in the meantime! http://j.mp/94VR70"

I am totally giving up on theStream.tv. I am had it with MONTHS and MONTHS of waiting and now they decided to extend the hiatus for few more months? This is insane! With all the biggest titles being released at this time, this must be the silliest move to extend the beloved show about games for FEW MORE MONTHS. They are making us wait until perhaps next year! :-( TGS is supposed to return in the beginning of fall, but we have been MISINFORMED!
Old 09-26-2010, 07:21 PM
daikun

Well, guys, it's over.

Look at the schedule page. It's not there anymore.