Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Destructoid

Old 11-04-2010, 01:57 AM
jackierulesall
Miss Webmaster

Default Episode 11: KINECTsplosion: Microsoft Kinect Roundtable Discussion Edition! [Discussion]

Today we're mixing things up and changing to a roundtable discussion format in honor of the impending release of Kinect. Max Scoville, Tara Long, Jonathan Holmes, and Jon Carnage all huddle together around our tiny table and riff on the Microsoft Kinect. How does it compare to the Eyetoy, Wii, and Playstation Move? What are the launch titles like? Is its release an important moment in gaming? And most importantly, will it say that Jonathan and Tara are morbidly obsese? The answer to all these questions and more on a brand new DESTRUCTOID!

Watch or download now!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:20 AM
slagster

Meh, if you guys do another round table discussion I suggest you get people that will actually try and have a valid discussion rather then try and make stupid and unfunny jokes. Out of a 12 minute episode I felt only 3 minutes of it was a worthwhile discussion about Kinect while the rest of the time spent was 2 buffoons trying to ape the AOTS style of unfunny comedy.

Last edited by slagster : 11-04-2010 at 03:20 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:24 AM
goatnailer

Jesus, why is everyone on this board acting so old an crotchety? I love this show, personally. I can get serious, bland, no fun allowed gaming info and reviews from other podcasts and other websites. I appreciate the casual and largely uncensored approach this show has, it takes balls (and yes, a certain level of immaturity) to do that. I take it as, in the case of this episode anyway, a bunch of friends sitting around discussing games. A large section of the gaming community talks and acts just like the four in this episode, play any online game if you want proof. Just as many boob and penis jokes, and many things that are far more offensive. Sure, you could say that all the gamers engaging in such 'unsavory' conversation are all children, but doesn't every serious gamer out there still have a little child living inside of them? Isn't that part of what gaming is about? It is for me. I don't see any inherent problem in appealing to that side of the gaming community. There are intelligent adult gamers out there who recognize when it is and isn't appropriate to be silly and immature. I think it's a little unfair to expect a new show like this to fit into the mold that the other podcasts on revision3 and the internet have created.

Anyway, I enjoy the show, I enjoy the people hosting it, and right now this board is full of negativity. So, if you enjoy the show too, please post and show your support because I'd love to see them stick around to be able to try and make all those improvements everyone seems to be calling for. That way they'll be just like every other podcast out there and I won't feel bad for not watching anymore. Until then, I will watch, I will laugh, I will game. Keep it up fuckers.

P.S. I forget the guys name, he's seated all the way on the left, he was a temporary host for Tara in one episode. Have him on more, I like him.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:02 AM
kingatrock

I was ready to rip the top commenter for being so negative but I must say I somewhat agree with him. These people did shtick for 10 minutes (which, sorry guys, wasn't very funny at all) and their final impressions was mostly about the horrible sonic game and the other bad titles not dance central, your self fitness or kinect adventures and the other better games.

Anyway, hope you guys will actually do a better video in the future, a shame, I really wanted to hear some honest overall impressions of kinect's good games along with the menu navigating and video chat etc.

Oh well.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:06 PM
djchill

Default Good Show

Well i enjoyed the information that i got from this episode it was good about the kinect. I guess in the future once it has been out for a while you may have a more indepth show. Are you planning on a show about the PS3 new wii like controlers? Have a great day and let Tara talk more.