Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Destructoid

Old 11-11-2010, 01:50 AM
jackierulesall
Miss Webmaster

Default Episode 14: Does Call of Duty Black Ops Suck? [Discussion]

The gang from Destructoid gathers 'round the round table once again to discuss this fall's hottest release: Call of Duty Black Ops.

Watch or download now!
Old 11-11-2010, 03:35 AM
hexonxonx

Default venom = cringe

What was the deal with that venom guy? That dude was so painfully unfunny that I felt embarrassed for you guys. The discussion would've been fine with only 3 people.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:16 AM
goatnailer

I'm gonna have to agree with the previous poster. As much as I love the show so far, please do not ever have Venom back on again. Maybe it went over my head, was he some sort of archetype? (Not-so)Subtle commentary on the black ops player base? Whatever it is, it wasn't even mildly amusing or entertaining. He appeared to be trying very hard to be as long winded as he could and say what ultimately amounts to nothing. I have an inkling that the other hosts could tell he was ruining their nice things however, seems like his tirades of nothing got cut off more than once with, you know, substance.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:43 PM
denmmurray

Thank God...I thought I was missing some inside joke. Tara looked like she was about to go Chuck Norris on him.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:17 PM
zhenate

Send a message via Skype™ to zhenate

I could barely finish the episode. These round table discussions just don't work for me. I like the regular show though.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:45 AM
detourne_me

Yup, I agree with everyone here.

If you're going to continue the roundtable discussions I'd suggest adding some parameters or limitations to the discussion.
Perhaps time limits, or sections based on graphics, sound, gameplay, etc.
Free-flowing discussion is great, but no progress is really made and it might be a bit boring.

I am becoming quite a fan of the show now after "getting to know" Jonathan and Tara more, especially after the guest stint on byte jacker. So I say continue with the discussions, just give them a bit more structure.

ps I'm glad Tara acknowledged the xbox360 attention the show gets.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:27 AM
hexxor

Default Meh....

I tried to give this show a chance and wanted to wait a bit to see how it developed but after this episode I don't think I'll be back and it's not because of language or maturity or whatever the crybabies were complaining about it.

The show just feels meh... I find myself not caring about their opinions and I can't quite put my finger on it but the whole show just feels "amateurish" I know it's rather new but with so many better pod casts out there it's hard to watch something that feels so sub par.

Sorry... you guys seem like cool people but I just can't take you seriously as video game authority's.

Last edited by hexxor : 11-12-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:55 PM
ksboyintx

thanks posters, just for some balance.... the crazy sporadic hit-n-miss is Destructoid, Venom is fine in small doses <--- see what I did there

With some game review shows I get upset when they hack on a recent game, since Destructoid is not the traditional game review show... I do not mind the rough reviews (still playin' Fable 3)
Old 11-12-2010, 06:35 PM
tjwilly

Default ditch "venom"

Found Destructoid and was looking forward to the show, but I have to say that "Venom" made it very difficult to watch - boy did I pick the wrong show to pop my Destructoid cherry. I have to agree with others' comments here. In fact, I created my account and broke silence primarily to say that. And what is with "Venom's" Kirk Lazarus understudy vernacular?

Not whining... just got to like the cast if you are to like the show. Only offering feedback.

As for the show - like the flow, actually like the round table. Episode host did a great job of keeping discussion flowing.

On the fence....

Last edited by tjwilly : 11-12-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:16 PM
cybersuchus

I really like the roundtable discussions. They remind me of Co-op. It's also a nice break from the news segments (which I also enjoy). As with everyone else, I can live without the incorporation of "colourful characters."