Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Totally Rad Show

Old 11-09-2010, 05:44 PM
jackierulesall
Miss Webmaster

Default Episode 219: Tuesday, Nov 9th - Rock Band 3 [Discussion]

We jam on Rock Band 3's new keyboard peripheral!

Watch or download now!
Old 11-09-2010, 08:03 PM
adampro123

Another rad episode, I'm so glad you guys did a Rockband 3 segment, you guys really know how to jame at that game, i can't wait to play the keyboard.

What Disappoints me and i know its great for other reasons, but the fact that Assassins creed brotherhood is the sponsor will probably mean no review for it from you guys just like Fable 3 and Brutal Legend last year and Brotherhood and Fable 3 were some i wanted to see you guys review the most along with Dead Rising 2......then again i guess i could be wrong and i hope i am.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:30 PM
redjess1206

Default Video Game Sponsors

I have only posted a couple times on the forums but I thought that this was an important issue. The large number of video game sponsors lately is making me kind of upset. I know that the show relies on sponsors and that the TRS guys can't control who sponsors them. But if TRS keeps getting video game sponsors especially by such huge games It is going to seriously affect the show. Right now I rely on TRS to come out with a review for each big game that comes out but it seems like that will be changing if they keep getting game sponsors. Don't get me wrong guys I still love the show and I love the daily format but I wish someone at Revision3 would realize that giving them these sponsors is hurting the shows content.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:47 AM
pranayama

I agree, this is valid criticism. I don't play video games so it doesn't affect me personally, but I see why the gamers would be upset.

However, the guys need to make money, and I'm sure these big game companies pay well... What else could they do for revenue? They're probably not in the position to turn away sponsorships at this point.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:13 AM
slagster

Another good one, love the game segments when we see you guys actually playing and enjoying the game. I have a question about Rock Band 3 though that I am hoping one of you guys or another forum member might be able to answer for me. I noticed in most videos of people playing the keyboard everyone seems to be only using one hand. Just like Dan I used to play piano and I find it odd that even in pro mode people are only using one hand to play. is it because the keyboard is too small to actually play correctly or is pro mode that simple that theres no need to use 2 hands like a real musician would when playing a piano?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjess1206 View Post
I have only posted a couple times on the forums but I thought that this was an important issue. The large number of video game sponsors lately is making me kind of upset. I know that the show relies on sponsors and that the TRS guys can't control who sponsors them. But if TRS keeps getting video game sponsors especially by such huge games It is going to seriously affect the show. Right now I rely on TRS to come out with a review for each big game that comes out but it seems like that will be changing if they keep getting game sponsors. Don't get me wrong guys I still love the show and I love the daily format but I wish someone at Revision3 would realize that giving them these sponsors is hurting the shows content.
Yeah it does suck, but at least we get to hear Jeff's opinion of the sponsored games when they are talked about on Weekend Confirmed.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:27 AM
blacksymbiote
Elite Member

Send a message via MSN to blacksymbiote

Quote:
Originally Posted by slagster View Post
Yeah it does suck, but at least we get to hear Jeff's opinion of the sponsored games when they are talked about on Weekend Confirmed.
This is true, and I second the recommendation. Last week he had just started getting into Fable 3. I expect we'll hear more about it this Friday when the next installment comes out.

Xbox360 GamerTag = Mr Plan
PSN ID = BlackSymbiote_
Twitter : twitter.com/blacksymbiote

I watch a movie everyday & blog about it! http://www.2guys1movie.com
Old 11-10-2010, 02:38 AM
blendermf

Quote:
Originally Posted by slagster View Post
I have a question about Rock Band 3 though that I am hoping one of you guys or another forum member might be able to answer for me. I noticed in most videos of people playing the keyboard everyone seems to be only using one hand. Just like Dan I used to play piano and I find it odd that even in pro mode people are only using one hand to play. is it because the keyboard is too small to actually play correctly or is pro mode that simple that theres no need to use 2 hands like a real musician would when playing a piano?
I think it's because it's to small (I've never really played keyboard up till now though, so I'm not too sure). The game was designed to be played with one hand.

Pro mode isn't overly simple. On the higher difficulty levels you end up playing all the notes pretty much as you would (albeit with one hand) in real life.

There's no technical reason they couldn't allow more keys, but that would be very hard for a lot of beginners (like me), since they can only show so many lanes of keys at a time, and with two hands it would probably need to move too far down the keyboard, or too many times (like back and forth quickly or something, IDK). I would think there's also a lot of stuff that would require two hands at once that would be impossible to show on the number of lanes they show on the screen at once. Plus, unless everyone takes the time to fully learn these songs, most people are going to end up sight reading, which from what I understand, can be hard, even for people that know piano, never mind people like me.

I think they tried to stay as musically correct as they could with one hand. I'm pretty sure the songs will sound mostly correct if you played their charting of the notes on a real keyboard, with one hand. It might lack some depth and range (if those are the correct words).

This is how I understand things, but like I said, I've never really played keyboard (until now, if you want to count Rock Band Pro Keyboard), so feel free to correct me.

Last edited by blendermf : 11-10-2010 at 02:43 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:06 PM
miyazakihayao

Quote:
Originally Posted by blendermf View Post
There's no technical reason they couldn't allow more keys, but that would be very hard for a lot of beginners (like me)
Isn't that why it's called Pro mode
Old 11-10-2010, 09:54 PM
blendermf

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyazakihayao View Post
Isn't that why it's called Pro mode
Pro mode is very hard as it is (at least to me). I think sight reading everything even makes it difficult for a lot of piano players(from what I hear) and adjusting to only using one hand. IDK it just seems like it would be impractical to have the whole keyboard on there.

I mean, for people with HD TVs you could probably display all the keys across the screen, but that kind of fails when you want to play Multiplayer. And like I said above moving up and down a whole keyboard with the 10 keys they show at once seems like it would be impractical for complex songs with more range.

In the end I think its technically possible, but impractical.

I'm no expert though so, whatever.

Last edited by blendermf : 11-10-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:23 AM
peety

edit: didnt mean to post

Last edited by peety : 11-11-2010 at 07:24 AM.