Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Scam School

Old 07-31-2011, 06:13 PM
muzicman61

Default Episode 176: Read 5 Minds

Brian, I have to say this one blew me away. I performed it last night in my local watering hole and amazed everyone. Well, except for the one drunk who kept saying I was counting cards.

I put a bit of my own spin on the trick. I actually kept the 5 cards (Ace though 5) palmed in my hand. I gathered everyone around the pool table and let any of them that wanted to shuffle the cards. When they were done shuffling, I spread the cards out placing the 5 cards on top of the dekc, unbeknowns to any of the players. I then placed the first 5 piles using the A through 5. I then told them to grab cards from the spread and told them to put 4 more cards of their choosing to create the 5 hands.

I had them pick up their pile, choose their card, shuffle them and put them back on the pool table. I next asked the first player to pick up their hand and place it on top or under another pile. Then had the second player do the same, and so on until the cards were all in one pile. I did not do the shuffling like you did because I had trouble in practice with cards sticking together, plus I wanted to make sure I never touched the cards again.

I then had player one deal out the new hands face up dealing himself first. The rest of the trick went just like the video. I think part of the great success with this was the fact that I never touched the cards except for when I placed the 5 cards on top of the deck, spread them and created the 5 piles.

One slightly down side I had was one of the players, when I asked which pile their card was in, said to me "if you know my card, why do I have to tell you what pile it is in". They were quickly boo'd by the other players as a spoil sport.

I'm hooked on Scam School!

Rob
Old 08-01-2011, 07:21 PM
pwdrkeg

Hey Rob,

Good idea on palming the first five cards. I'm going to give that a try myself.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:42 PM
avarant

Actually, I am too. that's a really good prep maneuver.