Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > Diggnation

Old 01-19-2012, 04:07 AM
sc00bz

Quote:
Originally Posted by logant View Post
This is why I hate alcohol. It's a fucked up mentality to call someone a bitch because he doesn't want to drink a poison. Alex isn't a bitch, he's in his 30s and can do whatever the fuck he wants. It would benefit them mostly if they chugged water instead.
But they have chugged water instead ep38 41:20. Also Alex is not a bitch he's health conscious.

P.S. The Reno episode is 38. This is when after the show was over and they stopped taping Alex stood up and then fell over. So if anything Alex is smart for knowing his limit... now.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:31 AM
heyseuss
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logant View Post
It would benefit them mostly if they chugged water instead.
Actually that's dangerous too as it can lead to water toxification. How about everyone in the world just stops chugging things (except the ladies).
Old 01-19-2012, 08:17 AM
logant

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyseuss View Post
Actually that's dangerous too as it can lead to water toxification. How about everyone in the world just stops chugging things (except the ladies).
I agree.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:43 AM
damnedeyez
Elite Member

Quote:
Yeah, 'chugging' is very "I'm still new to this drinking thing and don't know what this moderation thing is".
Old 01-19-2012, 05:07 PM
heyseuss
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnedeyez View Post
Yeah, 'chugging' is very "I'm still new to this drinking thing and don't know what this moderation thing is".
I started drinking around 16 yrs old and was legal at 18. I went out drinking with my buddies every Friday night and some Saturday's. Still, I don't think I've ever chugged a drink. We drank like 18 yr old idiots, but never 'raced'.

Chugging not only represents alcoholic ignorance, but it represents greed, waste, over-consumption.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:50 PM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Quote:
I started drinking around 16 yrs old and was legal at 18. I went out drinking with my buddies every Friday night and some Saturday's. Still, I don't think I've ever chugged a drink. We drank like 18 yr old idiots, but never 'raced'.

Chugging not only represents alcoholic ignorance, but it represents greed, waste, over-consumption.
Heh. Cultural differences

I grew up in a society where it was socially acceptable to have a drink or seven. Sure people over indulged, but my generation were bombarded with "if you drink and drive your a bloody idiot" type ads - extremely graphic, and not like you'd EVER see in American TV. The bottom line was that it was OK to have a drink, but you need to be responsible.

My mates and I would generally have a nominated driver. Fortunately, our vegan friend was also a non drinker. His choice. We gave him more grief about not eating meat than not having a beer.

For the most part we were pretty responsible - general philosophy was if you drank to the point of throwing up, you were wasting perfectly good alcohol.

Nothing wrong with having a drink, but I have more respect for Alex for NOT pushing it, than the dicks in the crowd yelling to chug.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:31 PM
heyseuss
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenuser View Post
Heh. Cultural differences

I grew up in a society where it was socially acceptable to have a drink or seven. Sure people over indulged, but my generation were bombarded with "if you drink and drive your a bloody idiot" type ads - extremely graphic, and not like you'd EVER see in American TV. The bottom line was that it was OK to have a drink, but you need to be responsible.

For the most part we were pretty responsible - general philosophy was if you drank to the point of throwing up, you were wasting perfectly good alcohol.
It was as if drinking a large amount responsibly was the goal, and respected within the group, akin yet opposite to the U.S. college/mainstream group ethic, "pour it down your throat as fast as possible, even if it's Jagermeister.".
Old 01-19-2012, 07:38 PM
hellhound

chugging is "lowest common denominator" of drinking games. I've also not understood many drinking games since the penalty of losing the bet/challenge is that you had to drink.. IMO the loser shouldnt be allowed the sweet sweet taste and buzz of the drink (unless you're drinking something that tastes nasty).

Finale note:
Editing sucked w/ the Finale... The Q&A shoulda been in part 1, w/ sponsor section, and then maybe intro and 1st story or 2.... then Part 2 been the end of the last Diggnation, sponsors, and then the clip segments w/ the "Bon Voyage's" from fellow celebs (giving closure).

Was it just me... or during the Q&A.. was Kevin "wishy-washy" (not wanting to answer questions).. and Alex trying to fill time (to make it seem like there was still enthusiasm, and limit dead space), which made Alex come off as a "Dominating" kinda thing?

Question: What do you regret saying? .. Alex actually said one.. Kevin pulled a "politician" and said "oh, many things"... Which IMO shows that Alex was guarded, but at least putting forth some honesty, where Kevin (final Diggnation) was being (politician) fake in his answers.

LOL.. thought it was totally cute that Kev's mom called about printing support... then I thought.... that mighta been scripted. I wouldnt put it past Kev to fake such a thing (using an actor), doubt he'd use his actual mom (but maybe she'd do it for his cred and cash) to try and get his "dark tipper"/everyday guy, "I'm one of you" feelings back...

I'm not sure if I'm thoroughly disappointed in the editing, or the production, or Kev and Alex, or just that I'm down that it was the last ep and was expecting more...

So much for "going off on a high note"

Side note:
They Had the Tiki Bar peeps wishing their best.. but I havent seen a new Tiki Bar vid in years... no announcement they were quitting etc... what a way to respect their fans..

Last edited by hellhound : 01-19-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:54 PM
hoodwin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellhound View Post
chugging is "lowest common denominator" of drinking games. I've also not understood many drinking games since the penalty of losing the bet/challenge is that you had to drink.. IMO the loser shouldnt be allowed the sweet sweet taste and buzz of the drink (unless you're drinking something that tastes nasty).

Finale note:
Editing sucked w/ the Finale... The Q&A shoulda been in part 1, w/ sponsor section, and then maybe intro and 1st story or 2.... then Part 2 been the end of the last Diggnation, sponsors, and then the clip segments w/ the "Bon Voyage's" from fellow celebs (giving closure).

Was it just me... or during the Q&A.. was Kevin "wishy-washy" (not wanting to answer questions).. and Alex trying to fill time (to make it seem like there was still enthusiasm, and limit dead space), which made Alex come off as a "Dominating" kinda thing?

Question: What do you regret saying? .. Alex actually said one.. Kevin pulled a "politician" and said "oh, many things"... Which IMO shows that Alex was guarded, but at least putting forth some honesty, where Kevin (final Diggnation) was being (politician) fake in his answers.

LOL.. thought it was totally cute that Kev's mom called about printing support... then I thought.... that mighta been scripted. I wouldnt put it past Kev to fake such a thing (using an actor), doubt he'd use his actual mom (but maybe she'd do it for his cred and cash) to try and get his "dark tipper"/everyday guy, "I'm one of you" feelings back...

I'm not sure if I'm thoroughly disappointed in the editing, or the production, or Kev and Alex, or just that I'm down that it was the last ep and was expecting more...

So much for "going off on a high note"

Side note:
They Had the Tiki Bar peeps wishing their best.. but I havent seen a new Tiki Bar vid in years... no announcement they were quitting etc... what a way to respect their fans..
Goddamndude your so cynical. It doesnt even sound like you enjoy the show, why did you even watch it if all you where gonna do is hate. I doubt they could have done anything to keep you from bitching.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:55 PM
heyseuss
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodwin1 View Post
God_damndude. You're so cynical. It doesn't even sound like you enjoy the show. Why did you even watch it, if all you were gonna do is hate ? I doubt they could have done anything to keep you from bitching.
Quote:
why did you even watch it if all you where gonna do is hate
He didn't know it wasn't going to please him. He probably watched it, because he thought he might like it.