Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > Diggnation

Old 01-20-2012, 05:32 PM
hellhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicymoose View Post
There is always room for a good critic. I have found most of Hellhounds comments interesting to read and provide a different view on things than most of the other comments in the forum.
aw shucks thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodwin1 View Post
Yeah, I guess. It just seems like many of the people on this board don't like the hosts.
I have always liked the hosts. Alex alot more than kevin of late. There just was alot of disappointment in this live finale. I expected to have some disappointment in the idea that its the last weekly show, but also expected they'd step it up and have an epic bash (being the Finale and a day or 2 before New Years). I think if it had been editted differently I'd have felt more positive towards the show. Part 1 was a fairly decent live TRS ep (many live eps are probably better if you were there instead of watching on the pc) but there were afew things that threw it off for me.. mention of the Q&A and the "favorite clips" they'd asked for, and that there was still a part 2 coming. I thought "this was ok 1st half, nothing super like was expecting from the Finale so I bet they are going to blow the roof off with the part 2"... and then the part 2 was pretty anti-climactic. Thats why I thought they should have put the slower moving Q&A section in the beginning part 1 as a part of the build up. And having the family there put alittle collar on their antics and normally free quips about Cum Copters etc.
That said, I hope the best for the guys and that they'll be making more "just having fun" vids, and not get caught up in the stale (This Week in Boardroom Management or Investment Diversity for a Budding Stock Portfolio) interview type stuff in the future.

Last edited by hellhound : 01-21-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:05 PM
splat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenuser View Post
If you want to drink water, drink water. Many people drink Coors/Bud/Miller because they know no better. I drink a Miller occasionally, but I'll treat it with a little respect - no chugging.
At no point did I say anyone wanted to drink water. I made it pretty clear that the people in the fictional scenario were looking for a buzz. Of all of the women I know, 99% of them would prefer the taste of BMC over any microbrew/"good beer."
Old 01-20-2012, 06:16 PM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by splat View Post
At no point did I say anyone wanted to drink water. I made it pretty clear that the people in the fictional scenario were looking for a buzz. Of all of the women I know, 99% of them would prefer the taste of BMC over any microbrew/"good beer."
That will change once they reach legal drinking age. Women who drink BMC only do so when they can't find their alcopop du jour.

http://adage.com/article/news/psycho...e-beer/140106/
http://www.saveonbrew.com/blog-artic...ks-perspective
Old 01-20-2012, 06:20 PM
splat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenuser View Post
That will change once they reach legal drinking age. Women who drink BMC only do so when they can't find their alcopop du jour.

http://adage.com/article/news/psycho...e-beer/140106/
http://www.saveonbrew.com/blog-artic...ks-perspective
Not sure why you make the assumptions that you do, but everyone I was referring to is over 21. Why do people on these forums have such a hard time accepting that some people prefer the taste (or relative non-taste) of light, watery beers?
Old 01-20-2012, 09:04 PM
hellhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by splat View Post
Not sure why you make the assumptions that you do, but everyone I was referring to is over 21. Why do people on these forums have such a hard time accepting that some people prefer the taste (or relative non-taste) of light, watery beers?
well... because if not drinking for taste then you are drinking for effect. It would be like saying I like eating Jello except for tasting it (in a way.. cause then you'd pretty much just like the gelatin-forming-tasteless part). If drinking for effect there are far better ways to do it like mixing some smooth vodka (if its smooth enuff you cant even taste it) into a mixed drink of your favorite flavored liquid. If the drinker doesnt like the barley or hops taste of generic beers then there are plenty of micro/specialty brew houses that brew beer to taste like anything from wheat to cherries to pumpkins to peaches to chocolate-apples.
I'm sure availability and price is limited by locale.. luckily I live in a beertown (Baltimore)..
We had Baltimore Brewing Company (a bar and brewery) which had over 55 different brews and even offered a brew "sampler" deal at the bar where could get 10-12 3-4 oz "tasters" for just afew bucks (you got more oz of beer cheaper that way vs buying individual bottles but there was always a brand or 2 that you wouldnt really like in the mix).
As I've gotten older I've gotten away from beer, when I want to get the relaxing effect from a tasty alcoholic beverage, I mostly have mixed drink cocktails now. The bloated feeling with the carbonation of drinking alotta beer, along with needing to pee out all that water, are probably the 2 biggest reasons why.. But I do enjoy sipping and enjoying some seasonal and "micro" brews (I put micro in quotes because one of my faves might have become so popular they are bordering on not being micro anymore.. which is Rogue's "Dead Guy Ale"). Maybe the only thing I love about X-mas time... is that my 2 favorite seasonl brews come out.. Sam Smith's "Winter Welcome" (its kinda expensive around here- $12-14 a 4 pack, but IMO its worth it) and Sierra Nevada's "Celebration Ale".. of course cant leave out Belgian White Ales from the list of good ones.. I've also really liked afew Pilsners but cant remember their names right now.
BTW.. the big bottles of Dead Guy Ale have glow-in-the-dark labels of the skeleton sitting ontop of a keg LOL! I gotta look to see if they sell glow-shirts also.. would fit nicely w/ my "The Misfits" concert glow-shirts.
Anyway.. back to Finale.. perhaps I expected too much.. I thought at least bordering on Reno.. I thought they'd blow the roof off... but instead of blowing the roof... they just seemed to slapp and tickle the roof and then jerked off the weather vane

Last edited by hellhound : 01-20-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:14 PM
damnedeyez
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellhound View Post
well... because if not drinking for taste then you are drinking for effect. It would be like saying I like eating Jello except for tasting it (in a way.. cause then you'd pretty much just like the gelatin-forming-tasteless part). If drinking for effect there are far better ways to do it like mixing some smooth vodka (if its smooth enuff you cant even taste it) into a mixed drink of your favorite flavored liquid. If the drinker doesnt like the barley or hops taste of generic beers then there are plenty of micro/specialty brew houses that brew beer to taste like anything from wheat to cherries to pumpkins to peaches to chocolate-apples.
This...drinking a lite beer for the buzz when you don't like the taste is either ignorance or access related. (and often times the access is ignorance or laziness on someone elses part)

(admittedly, I don't agree with mixed drinks either...if you don't like the taste of the alcohol...you shouldn't be drinking it.)
Old 01-20-2012, 11:16 PM
hoodwin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellhound View Post

I have always liked the hosts. Alex alot more than kevin of late. There just was alot of disappointment in this live finale. I expected to have some disappointment in the idea that its the last weekly show, but also expected they'd step it up and have an epic bash (being the Finale and a day or 2 before New Years). I think if it had been editted differently I'd have felt for positive towards the show. Part 1 was a fairly decent live TRS ep (many live eps are probably better if you were there instead of watching on the pc) but there were afew things that threw it off for me.. mention of the Q&A and the "favorite clips" they'd asked for, and that there was still a part 2 coming. I thought "this was ok 1st half, nothing super like was expecting from the Finale so I bet they are going to blow the roof off with the part 2"... and then the part 2 was pretty anti-climactic. Thats why I thought they should have put the slower moving Q&A section in the beginning part 1 as a part of the build up. And having the family there put alittle collar on their antics and normally free quips about Cum Copters etc.
That said, I hope the best for the guys and that they'll be making more "just having fun" vids, and not get caught up in the stale (This Week in Boardroom Management or Investment Diversity for a Budding Stock Portfolio) interview type stuff in the future.
Yeah I agree about the editing, didn't feel like a REAL ending to me, just another episode, especially part 1

Last edited by hoodwin1 : 01-20-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:35 PM
heyseuss
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnedeyez View Post
This...drinking a lite beer for the buzz when you don't like the taste is either ignorance or
Some feel it's their rite of passage. It gives some an allowance to behave in a certain way. Or others feel they earn some sort of reward, y'know, peer pressure but respected for caving. It's important to try, and decide what's right. Following the crowd, with regards to any alcohol but especially the beer-culture, is ignorance mixed with a little displaying weakness and just plain old stupidity. I drink a lot, but I hate users and abusers.

And one thing I had to get used to since being of drinking age in the U.S., is 'light' beer refers to light alcohol content where I grew up, so the thought of producing let alone consuming low-calorie beer to me is absurd, especially when it brings down the taste level.

Quote:
access related. (and often times the access is ignorance or laziness on someone elses part)
The parenthesis part is hilarious.

Quote:
admittedly, I don't agree with mixed drinks either..
Like, on religion, politics, where to eat ? Because I've found mixed drinks to be quite agreeable once ya get to know him.

Quote:
if you don't like the taste of the alcohol...you shouldn't be drinking it.
I know this Dan Trachtenberg guy that feels that way.

* I have 2 open beers on my desk right now - a bud light and a PBR. Left over from the visit I just had from 18 yr old Marines, not my choices.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:43 PM
damnedeyez
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyseuss View Post
The parenthesis part is hilarious.
but it's true...when preparing for a gathering, people tend to go for the least amount of options that will be accepted...etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyseuss View Post
* I have 2 open beers on my desk right now - a bud light and a PBR. Left over from the visit I just had from 18 yr old Marines, not my choices.
coffee, but I'm at work...at home I have water, an almost empty bottle of red wine and still half that bottle of sake I really should think about getting into again. All of those were my choices though...but I have a long weekend, and I do need to clean my desk anyway...
Old 01-21-2012, 12:40 AM
heyseuss
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnedeyez View Post
but it's true...when preparing for a gathering, people tend to go for the least amount of options that will be accepted...etc.
Yup.

"Heeyyy I brought miller lite!!", ....

"Then you're not invited to the party."