Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > HD Nation

Old 02-09-2012, 01:12 AM
kurolust

Default Panansonic Plasma...reliable/gaming?

So I'm looking to purchase a new tv and had some questions about plasma. I have been currently looking at Panasonic the TC-P50S30 and TC-P50ST30. I have heard good reviews on both, but I have also heard some not so good things about the 7 blinks of death right out of the box. Have you had any experience with Panasonic and have they shown a a higher then normal failure rate? Also plasma has come a long way but are their any dangers in using this for gaming?
Old 02-25-2012, 03:36 AM
ricecube

We bought the st50 and I have read that there is a 100 hour slide show to run. I never bothered with that, I just made sure that in the first week that I did not watch anything with black bars or static overlays like in some games or tv logos.

The st50 has some nifty ways to help with preventing burn in. One there is an option for pixel orbiting, where it will move pixels slightly in a circle it is slow and I don't notice it moving. It is on by default. And then there is a program that will get this white bar moving across your screen for 15 minutes, they say it will help if there is a burn in...

So far I am loving this tv the blacks are so nice, I recall looking at the daily show and I was so amazed how the desk looks so black and the reflections in it...

I also believe that the st panel has the vt panel from 2010 model,