Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Tekzilla

Old 02-23-2012, 07:06 PM
dfreshc

Exclamation Netflix and non-HD TV

Ok, so I am quite a bit behind the times and while I bought a great Panasonic blu ray player (dmp-bdt210) and have a current digital receiver with HDMI, I still have a Series 2 Tivo and (gasp!) an old Sony CRT TV. Everybody tells you that you can stream Netflix movies and shows to a "TV" but none of the manufacturers (including Roku, etc.) tell you what the min requirements are of said TV in order to NOT get the picture cut off on both sides and stretched in the middle. Seems that you need to be able to adjust the TVs aspect ratio (which I can't) but nobody tells you that up front. Also, I know the answer is to just buy one of the many affordable flat screen HD TVs y'all talk about on the show, but not everybody has the cash flow for ALL the new toys. Comments?

Last edited by dfreshc : 02-23-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:04 PM
rfm33428

I don't know if it's standard in all Blu-ray players, but through that you could adjust the aspect ratio to a standard screen. Enjoy your Blu-rays & streaming content.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:16 PM
dfreshc

Hi RFM33428. Yes, I've tried that but no change. Possibly my TV is too old to support it. Once again, might be nice for the streaming device hardware and service companies to let us know what min requirements are. Thanks!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:27 PM
rfm33428

Perhaps, maybe models vary. It was a shot from past experience a year ago at a friends.