Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > thebroken

Old 11-28-2006, 06:54 AM
hallabak

Default Hacking Smart Cards?

I have been looking all through the web looking for a way to hack my laundry card. It is one of those ones that have a gold colored microprocessor build on the top of it (smart card). Does anyone know where to find info on something like this? I’m kind of surprised that the broken hasn’t done a segment on this. I know they haven’t done many shows, but i cannot find info anywhere in Revision3. This would be a great one for the next show.

Last edited by hallabak : 11-28-2006 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:10 PM
-m-

go to i plead the fif, and post it. its almost the same as hacking dtv.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:46 AM
tico

Default Hacking smart cards

I used to be familiar with the old Dave.. any tips on how to do this? I wouldn't mind to test it.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:19 AM
monkeyh-k3r

Default hmm

i live in the bronx and we have smart cards for the laundy too >.< that would be sweet if u found a hack
Old 12-21-2006, 02:48 AM
phamtq

Send a message via Skype™ to phamtq

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallabak View Post
I have been looking all through the web looking for a way to hack my laundry card. It is one of those ones that have a gold colored microprocessor build on the top of it (smart card). Does anyone know where to find info on something like this? Iím kind of surprised that the broken hasnít done a segment on this. I know they havenít done many shows, but i cannot find info anywhere in Revision3. This would be a great one for the next show.
I think that's because there are different systems out there that handle the information in various way. For example, one spot could just store your account number and the day while another could actually hold the balance on your card.

I think it was the Kinko's card that held the balance on the card and some guys found a way to hack it so that they'd get $50 back.

I myself used to do testing with Charlie's system. Tons of stuff have change though but it should be fun learning the new stuff.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:32 AM
tico

Default Laundry Cards

Well, I am trying to get this going.
I do also test charlie, and geez, it gets messy sometimes.
Is there a soft unlock or a way to read the eeprom for these cards?

I feel this is a message in a bottle, maybe someone out there will get it.

Peace out,

Tico
Old 01-31-2007, 03:02 PM
ericjosepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallabak View Post
I have been looking all through the web looking for a way to hack my laundry card. It is one of those ones that have a gold colored microprocessor build on the top of it (smart card). Does anyone know where to find info on something like this? Iím kind of surprised that the broken hasnít done a segment on this. I know they havenít done many shows, but i cannot find info anywhere in Revision3. This would be a great one for the next show.
Because there are USB Readers available for these cards, I suggest filling it up with like $10, doing a hex dump of the info on the card, using it as you normally would and when you are done use the USB Reader, wipe the card and write the saved hex dump back on to it. That's really my only suggestion. Those ****ers are tough.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:13 AM
nate2569

OK. I am new to this and I was wondering. How exactly do you do a HEX dump from a laundry card? I have been looking everywhere online for a program to view and save smart card information and came up empty handed. I wanted to try this and see if it works. Could anyone help me find something that allows me to do a HEX dump of a smart card?

Thanks in advance.

Nate
Old 03-05-2008, 03:26 AM
sauza

Anyone been working on this? i have an amex blue reader and I know they were working with the dish cards. Really really need to do my laundry.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:57 PM
corro69

Default laundry

I too am attempting to hack a laundry card.
Linux has several programs for terminal and GUI that allow you to view contents of SMART cards and SIM cards. My problem is that I do not have an efficient reader. I have been looking for specs on making my own. any suggestions?