Revision3 Forums - Rules of Conduct
1. Profane language may be necessary in certain situations to enhance a personal opinion, but use it with moderation. Targeting an individual or company with insults is unacceptable.
2. Creating comments about a person or group of people that is racist, threatening, insulting, abusive, etc is not allowed.
3. Be kind to other members by showing respect to their opinions and feelings. Making false claims about a person or company is prohibited. The use of the Revision3 forums is a privilege, not a right. Trolling and flaming will not be tolerated.
4. Double posts are not allowed on purpose. No spamming of a topic or post repeatedly.
5. Post in a forum in which your topic will pertain to. If you are unsure, just read current posts in the forums to get an idea of where your topic will best fit.
6. TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS ANNOYING AND IS CONSIDERED ALONG THE LINES OF FLAMING, WHICH IS PROHIBITED.
7. When uploading files, please keep them small, as it keeps the amount of space required at a minimum, and makes the site more accessible to people on slower Internet connections.
8. Links to porn sites, or embedding pornographic images is forbidden.
9. If you have any questions, concerns, or feel as if you were unjustly punished, please PM the moderator involved. Making a public scene of it not only won't help the situation, but will look very bad on your part, as well...possibly resulting in disciplinary action up to and including a ban.
Remember that the staff may remove oversized or vulgar signatures as well as avatars at any point in time. We may, or may not tell you to edit your signature or avatar; it could be removed without warning.
As a general guideline, signatures should be no larger than 4 lines of standard sized text.
Color and links to personal websites are OK.
Signatures in violation of Rules 1-3 above will be removed.
Don't bother trying to embed an image - images are turned off in signatures, you will just be wasting your time.
Embedding of executable scripts in forum posts and signature files is forbidden and will result in suspension, followed by banning if it occurs again.
Spam is NOT tolerated on this board. Spam is categorized by different factors as stated below.
1a. Any post containing references (words/links/images/etc.) to a product or company that doesn't offer an overall benefit to the Revision3 community.
Example for 1a.
Spam: "Buy v1agra from companysite.com"
Not Spam: "I need a new printer what is everybody?s opinions?" "Company A offers etc, but compared to Company B then that printer doesn't stand up."
Not Spam: "Company A offers *Product Name* for free this week."
2. Other Websites
2a. You may NOT advertise another competitor's website/forum/product/etc.
2b. You may plug or link to another website only if it doesn't break other rules.
2c. Do not spam your personal web sites or forums. You may link to them in your signature, but please limit them to there.
2d. Creating posts to solicit votes for competitions is considered spamming.
Example for 2abcd.
Spam: "competitors-computer-help-site.com offers speedier service"
Spam: "My website is something.com...please check it out!"
Spam: "Vote for my video in the xyz forum competition"
Not Spam: "something.com has an article on LAN specifications"
3a. Excessive posting of the same topic is considered spamming.
3b. Excessive bumping of topics is considered spamming.
3c. If possible, editing of the original topic or replying to the original topic should be practiced.
3d. If a topic doesn't receive a reply within a reasonable amount of time, (24 hours), then bumping is allowed.
Example for 3ab.
Spam: Topic: Help my computer blew up. <Posted multiple times.>
Spam: "Anybody?" or "Bump" or etc. <Less than 24 hours after creating the topic.>
Note that all above guidelines apply globally, to posts, profiles, signatures, avatars, pm's, etc. Revision3 reserves the right to categorize anything else that isn't mentioned here as spam, or prohibited content. Failure to follow Spam guidelines, or any other rules listed above, may result in a suspension and/or ban of your account at the discretion of the Revision3 staff.
***We (Revision3) reserve the right to change or alter any guideline, at any given time, with or without notice. Please check back here often to ensure you're up to date with them.***
Administrator - Revision3.com
Administrator - Scopetech.net
Administrator - ComputerHelpForum.org
Last edited by tokenuser : 04-06-2011 at 07:21 PM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|