Tip a Day - How To Record Video and Audio Skype Calls
Tuesday, May 8th, 2012
Wanna do interviews or record those Skype calls for training purposes or record split screen interviews?
In most instances, recorded Skype calls you may have seen have been recorded with Ecamm's "Call Recorder" software.
To start recording Skype calls:
1. Download the software and install it.
2. Fire up Skype and start a call, you can do video or audio. Call Recorder will also launch when you launch Skype.
3. Next you'll want to check your Skype preferences. Go to the menu Skype > Preferences > Recording and make sure you select the Audio and Video devices you want to use.
4. Leave Audio uncompressed.
5. Video Encoding you might have to play with, I've been getting the best results with .jpeg though you might want to use one of the more standard formats like h.264.
6. Video Image size 640480 and Video Frame Rate should be "Maximum"
7. Under Recording Options > Record Video "Split Screen" then change the folder to where you want to automatically save videos.
8. The other check boxes are pretty self explanatory.
9. Once you're in a call, just hit the "Record" button on "Call Recorder" and you'll be off and running.
Cali Lewis breaks down the latest and greatest in gadgets, video games, and everything else geeks love and live by. GeekBeat.TV presents the day's hottest stories, tips, trends, and news all in one place. It's the can't-miss show for anyone looking to keep their finger on the pulse of the wired world.